Wow Them Waffles
Write a review
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 6 pasture raised eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup milk (coconut or almond milk may be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Butter for waffle iron
Kick it Up a Notch Options
- Add 1-2 grated apples & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the batter
- Add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or any other fruit
- Combine coconut flour, almond meal, baking soda and salt, sift to eliminate any clumps
- Separate eggs
- Whip the whites until they form peaks, set aside
- In a separate bowl mix the beaten yolks, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the yolk mixture
- Batter will be clumpy; if it is dry and chalky add a little more milk before folding in the whites
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture
- Allow the batter to stand for 5 minutes
- Use a 1/2 cup to spoon batter into a waffle iron brushed with butter on the top and bottom
- For best results, use a cooling rack to set the waffles on
- For extra crispy waffles place them on the cooling rack and in the oven on warm
- Top with yogurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Be creative. On occasion add some chocolate chips..but just a couple.
- I always double this recipe. The plain ones make amazing sandwiches.
- These freeze well, just pop them in the toaster.
The Keyes Ingredients https://thekeyesingredients.com/