French Toast Casserole
Breakfast is Served
Write a review
- 12 pieces sprouted grain cinnamon raisin bread, crusts removed (Ezekiel Brand or other)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4-6 ounces milk (coconut or almond milk can be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups homemade granola for topping
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish with coconut oil
- Cut crusts off the bread
- Spread each piece with cream cheese
- Arrange the bread in the pan
- Place second piece of bread on top of the first, cream cheese side up (there should be two layers)
- Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together
- Pour over the bread
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove cover, spread granola over the top and bake loosely covered for another 10 minutes
- Remove cover to allow the granola to crisp up for a few minutes longer
- Allow to cool, cut into squares and serve.
- Yields 10 servings.
- Top with a drizzle of yogurt, pure maple syrup, and fresh berries.
- This can also be cut into strips and be dipped in maple syrup.
The Keyes Ingredients https://thekeyesingredients.com/