Made With Black Beans, Go Ahead And Have Two!
Write a review
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2½ cups cooked black beans (rinsed/drained)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raw cacao/cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips or grated dark chocolate (plus some for topping)
Honey Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- Smashed cookie crumbs from the cookies for kids recipe (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a Vita-mix, food processor or large capacity blender, in the following order; combine eggs, black beans, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cacao, coconut oil and honey (heat coconut oil and honey on low to ensure they are in liquid form)
- Blend on low until mixed
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake paper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for large cupcakes or mini cupcakes for 15-18 minutes
- Oven temperatures vary, check with a toothpick
- Remove and allow to cool before frosting
Honey-Whipped Cream Frosting
- Chilling the whipped cream bowl in the freezer with the “whisk” mixing attachment before whipping makes for a stiffer whipped cream
- While whipping the cream, add vanilla and honey
- Top the cupcakes with a dollop of cream, a single raspberry and a few dark chocolate shavings or chips
- Smashed cookie crumbs from leftover “Cookies for Kids” works too!
- If using the whipped cream frosting, they are best topped right before serving so the cupcake is room temperature and the whipped cream is cold.
- Word to the wise...tell everybody all about the ingredients after they are well on the way through the digestive process. Or better yet, don’t mention it until they ask for the recipe.
- Before topping them, freeze a few. I use them for an occasional lunch dessert or a to bring to a birthday party. These are gluten free, but not dairy free. For a dairy free alternative, omit frosting and use casein free chocolate chips.
The Keyes Ingredients https://thekeyesingredients.com/