It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That means that for every holiday party invitation, there is a bowl full of holiday goodness and some sort of something to dip into that goodness. Often times that something is either chips or crackers.
Here at The Keyes Ingredients headquarters, you know that we love our crackers (Carson’s Crackers, of course). Carson’s Crackers were recently featured by Dr. Mercola on Mercola.com for their versatility as both a healing and blood sugar stabilizing snack. I like to serve them with hummus or with our favorite Brie. Sometimes I just add them over a salad or as a quick crunchy snack to subdue that savory snack craving.
Well move over Carson’s crackers…There’s a new Sheriff in town!
One day, while our family was spending time together in one of our favorite places (the kitchen), my daughter Isabella had a genius idea! “Mom! What if we ground the seeds for Carson’s Crackers?” From the mouths of babes! Some don’t enjoy the seedy texture of Carson’s Crackers and some are unable to eat them because of diverticulitis or similar health concerns. Isabella’s Crackers are a great alternative for both groups of people. Today we invite you to try Isabella’s Crackers.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon mixed dried Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine seeds, spices, garlic powder and salt
- Place mixture into blender and grind ingredients into a fine powder
- Add seed mixture to eggs in a mixing bowl and stir well
- Use a spatula to transfer the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Shake the cookie sheet and tilt it around until the mixture is spread across the cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes
- Break into pieces, they should be crunchy
- If they do not break with a snap put them in the oven on warm until they are completely dry
Until We Eat Again,
Your Holiday Table
Order your book now! You get over 45 recipes! Many are BRAND NEW to The Keyes Ingredients. Beautiful pictures give you a glimpse of what your holiday table will look like. You don’t have to feel guilty about your holiday meal. It can be delicious and nutritious.